Amazon Kindle Fire HD 10 (2017) Benchmarks


It's time to put this Amazon Kindle Fire HD 10's specs to the test.

Spec Recap

SoC: MediaTek MT8173
CPU: Quad Core (2x ARM Cortex-A72 @ 1.8GHz & 2x ARM Cortex- A53 @ 1.4GHz)
GPU: PowerVR G6250
RAM: 2GB
Storage: 32GB (21.7GB available)
Screen: 10.1" 1920x1200 IPS LCD

Antutu

Let’s start with Antutu, the classic Android device benchmark. This score of 77994 was pretty low by modern high end Android standards, and the 3D benchmark was pretty painful to watch. Just like the Nook Tablet 10.1” though, this tablet performs in games much better than the 3D benchmark would lead you to believe.

Geekbench 4

Next up is the popular geekbench 4 cross platform benchmark. Since I’ve already run this benchmark on a few other devices, I simply had to run in on this Kindle Fire HD 10 and add the results to my graph.

The Kindle Fire HD 10 performed quite well here, with a score of 1198 single core and 2226 multi core. This isn’t bad at all. In fact, this score is more than double the single core performance of the Nook Tablet 10.1” and nearly double the multi core score. This is impressive for a tablet I paid only $99 for on the Amazon black friday sale.

Octane V2

The last benchmark I ran is the browser based benchmark by Google: Octane V2. Since I already also ran this benchmark on my other devices, I simply added the new results to the list. As you can see, this score is pretty impressive as well. The 8838 score here puts this near the middle of my devices tested.


Buy one for yourself directly from Amazon: 32GB with Special Offers: $149.99

That’s all for this round of benchmarks on the Amazon Kindle Fire HD 10. Next up I’ll be trying some gaming on this tablet, and getting some back to back real world experience with this and the Nook Tablet 10.1”. Thanks for reading, and have a great day!



Comments